AgendaGlobal Dialogue of Cultures
(Topics of Discussion)
Dialogue among nations and peoples constitutes a mechanism for rapprochement and understanding, and helps to promote the values of civil harmony and world peace. Dialogue among the followers of different religions and cultures comes to be a methodical and systematic substitute to the Clash of Civilizations thesis that foresees tensions and hatred among nations and peoples.
The process of Interfaith Dialogue has received increasing support from the peoples and governments of the world and that support was clearly reflected during the Madrid Conference in 2009 and in the subsequent 2010 meeting of the United Nations in New York.The main topics of discussion:
1. Forms of the global dialogue among the followers of different religions and cultures.
2. Importance of institutionalizing the global dialogue.
3. Spreading the culture of dialogue and tolerance as means to promote peace and understanding among peoples.
4. Contribution to reducing tension and conflict in the international community.Energy for Sustainable Development
Energy plays a vital role in enhancing sustainable development and building mutual relations among global communities. The production and consumption patterns of energy resources have become essential aspects in the development and policy choices of the community of nations. Over the years, access to secure and affordable energy have contributed to sustained economic growth and development as well as social welfare.The main topics of discussion:
1. Role of Energy in global growth and development.
2. International cooperation for a stable and transparent energy markets.
3. Support research and investment to diversify energy sources and reduce their environmental imprints.
4. The future of world trade and investment in energy products and in the energy sector.Financial Crisis and its Impact on Global Economy
With the intensifying pace of the sovereign debt crisis, both in the United States or in the peripheral European Union countries, the global economy is facing growing risks of uncertainty of banking systems and financial markets, persistent weakness in global economy, and deterioration of confidence. These conditions highlight the pressing need to contain this crisis and preclude the global economy from heading into recession or a sharp slowdown in economic growth rates. While the ministers of finance in the world, especially in the G20 countries, are endeavoring to take all the necessary actions to maintain the financial stability, the central banks, as well, have been coordinating with the concerned ministers and striving to provide liquidity to banks along with other monetary measures to achieve stability in prices and strengthen economic recovery.The main topics of discussion:
1. The sovereign debts and the fiscal policy challenges.
2. The foreign exchange volatility and the future of the global financial system.
3. The challenges of rising unemployment rates.
4. The Emerging economies development policies and their role in stimulating global economic growth.